We are a community changing the way care is given.
Well-being is too important to be in the hands of just the professionals. Local communities can be engaged and individuals can be empowered to make a huge difference.
What we do?
We train, resource and support people in utilizing the arts to enhance communities and to improve health and well-being.
How we work?
We deliver creative programs that are designed to have a positive impact on the well-being of participants and volunteers alike. Our work is based on a creating free and protected spaces that people can express, play, discover, heal, grow and to recognize themselves as creative, unique and connected.
Why the Arts?
Art has long been known for possessing therapeutic qualities and as powerful tool for holistic wellness. It is non-stigmatizing, non-threatening, inclusive method for promoting health and wellness.
Expressing one's creativity can heal, reduce fear, stress and anxiety; and promote autonomy and facilitate the expression of hidden emotions.
In working with our beneficiaries, the following has been the results:
- Better relationship with themselves: improved self-image, confidence, creativity and courage.
- Better relationship with others: improved communication, empathy, expressing emotions and self-agency.
- Decreased levels of anxiety and aggression
- Progress in cognitive processes: improved attention, concentration and learning abilities.
As a result of our work we see tangible benefits such as:
- Improved family and interpersonal relationships
- Improved school attendance
- Improved performance in school or work
- Improved participation in community life
Is using the arts an evidence-based approach? YES! Here is the research...